george_k wrote:
> I ordered a transporter and spent the better part of the weekend
> listening and comparing it to my SB3. For most of my music I could hear
> no real difference. With other, better recorded, music the transporter
> sounded a little more resolved and clear.

What source material are you using?

Personally, I have found that you won't find many/any obvious
differences between pretty much any digital sources in direct comparison
tests. But, the better source(s) will become apparent in extended listening.

> I really like the additional hardware features but it lacks the musical
> impact I was expecting to hear.

Perhaps you were expecting too much? Difference between digital sources
really are minimal.

> At this point I'm thinking of returning it. Anybody share any similar
> experience? The rest of my system consists of a McIntosh 6900 and a
> pair of B&W 703. My music collection is all FLAC based.

If you're happy with the SB3 then rejoice - you've saved yourself a
shed-load of cash, so you can buy more music!

R.