I've switched back to fw37, but fw40 was definitely exhibiting the
excess degaussing problem for me.  At times, it seemed like it was
doing the degaussing every 10 seconds or so.  I'll be happy to switch
back to fw40 or fw42 to help debug this, but I'll need some clues from
you folks as to what to try.  I think I remember some mention that the
excess degaussing might be in some way related to the rs232 interface.
Or am I making that up?  If yes, do I need to connect my laptop to the
rs232 port via a null modem?

My system:

Transporter:
both rca & balanced analog outs connected, networked via wire.

SqueezeCenter:
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.1 - TRUNK @ UNKNOWN - Red Hat - EN - utf8
Running from svn code, v19498 on a Fedora 8 box.
Library: 99.9999% flacs with embedded cues.

--
gharris999