gharris999;299519 Wrote:
> I think I remember some mention that the excess degaussing might be in
> some way related to the rs232 interface.

Yes, but actually it's an internal RS232 connection for the knob, not
the external connector. I made some optimizations to the software UART
in the firmware, which recovered a lot a wasted CPU cycles. This was
done in order to fix a performance problem when playing 24/96 when
replaygain is enabled. My suspicion is that there is some intermittent
condition which causes the UART to go haywire or somehow cause an error
in communicating with the knob. That is what I'm trying to reproduce.

I have seen the knob break on very rare occasions but it sounds like
some people are seeing it frequently. Ideally what I'm looking for is a
repeatable procedure that causes it to fail.

--
seanadams