Skunk;300423 Wrote:
> If they're talking about two buck chuck (grocery wine), versus $55 Napa
> Cab, then shouldn't we be talking about an A/V receiver that makes
> everything sound the same, versus an accurate system.
>
> I actually *like* my system because it's ruthlessly revealing, but I'm
> sure some would prefer their A/V receiver and Bose speakers because it
> makes ALL their albums sound 'good'.
>
> But when the differences end it does seem silly to wax eloquent on the
> benefit of speaker cable A vs B, or this particular vintage decanted
> and drank from Reidel, vs paper cups.

So being an A/V receiver automatically makes everything sound the same?
Are you saying no dynamic range. Maybe the reason they do to you is
that you haven't listened to any of the nicer ones from Denon or Yamaha
without bose speakers.  There has been a huge improvement in receivers
and for a lot of people, expense, house size make it impossible to have
more than one system for them and the family.  I have my Yamaha paired
up with some older B&W speakers and have had some pretty knowledgeable
musicians give it rave reviews. They were people that I'd truly
consider to be audiophiles and they were very surprised that it was a
receiver instead of pre amp amp setup. Maybe if they would have seen
the system before hearing it would not have gotten such good reviews.
:0

--
Nonreality

*-If the rule you followed brought you to this, what good is the rule.-*