kphinney wrote:
> Hmmm, my wife seems to have a few handfuls of silver jewelry hanging
> about.  Do you think that if I used it to solder my connectors it'd
> bring me to the next level?

Most jewelry is not pure. Most is not even sterling. Sterling is an
alloy of silver containing 92.5% pure silver and 7.5 % other metals

If any of it has an Hallmark, its too valuable to use for even
audiophile stuff.

I'd recommend you find a good metalsmith to do the soldering, as you
can't get the results you want with usual rosin core electronic solder.
Silver is special, uses special flux and natrually, silver solder.

Its fairly tricky to solder, so don't do it at home with your ByBee bullets.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/