Pat Farrell wrote:
> Robin Bowes wrote:
>> I use a 10m (30ft) cable; I need the length on stage.
>
> Have you tried a countryman DI? Lets you use any length of cable.

If I was going to do something like that I'd just build myself a simple
FET buffer - probably < $1 in electronic parts, plus a box + jack
sockets. $231 (cost of the Countryman DI) is rather pricey!

> What is much more important in this thread is that unlike speakers
> and interconnects, guitar cables can make an audible difference.

Yep.

> Ditto the cable to your 'green bullet' mic to record blues harmonica.

The cable has much less effect if you the mic balanced. But, if you're
playing through a tube amp that's not always possible.

R.