Robin Bowes wrote:
> I have both a Strat and a tube amp (Fender Bandmaster Reverb, coverted
> to a 1x15 VibroClone) and, whilst you're right in principle, I would
> disagree that the sound of a short cord would be "much better". Sure it
> makes a difference but if you have a good quality cable it's not all
> that significant.

Well, I can hear it, and its much better to me. Of course, the guitarist
defines what it should sound like, so if you like it, be happy.

One could argue about the definition of "good quality" cable here. I've
tried a fair number and have not found any I like.

 >> For anything over 10 feet, I use a DI rather than running high Z.
 >
 > I use a 10m (30ft) cable; I need the length on stage.

Have you tried a countryman DI? Lets you use any length of cable.

What is much more important in this thread is that unlike speakers and
interconnects, guitar cables can make an audible difference.  Ditto the
cable to your 'green bullet' mic to record blues harmonica.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/