Pat Farrell wrote:
> Robin Bowes wrote:
>> A $20 guitar cord will sound very similar to a $100 guitar cord.
>
> Actually, with something like a 'Strat feeding a tube amp, a short $10
> cord will generally sound much better than a 30 foot long cord, no
> matter what the price. With high Z pickups, the cord makes a difference.
> Unlike say speaker wire.

I have both a Strat and a tube amp (Fender Bandmaster Reverb, coverted
to a 1x15 VibroClone) and, whilst you're right in principle, I would
disagree that the sound of a short cord would be "much better". Sure it
makes a difference but if you have a good quality cable it's not all
that significant.

> For anything over 10 feet, I use a DI rather than running high Z.

I use a 10m (30ft) cable; I need the length on stage.

R.