Robin Bowes;309312 Wrote:

> Nenad,
> Calm down.

Ok, I'll try.

Robin (and many others) points out this bug doesn't affect many people
because:
-       Audiophiles don't listen to lossless
-       Average Joe don’t need high quality
So, conclusion is, high quality mp3 playback is not important to most
users, and this bug have low priority.

BUT,

at the same time, all slimdevices (Squeeze, duet, transporter) have
these statements in specification (my caps and bold):

•  Compressed formats (MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, MP2, MusePack, WMA)
•       MPEG decoding uses MAD software, *WIDELY REGARDED AS THE MOST
ACCURATE*, most compatible MP3 decoder.
•       *HIGH ACCURACY 24-BIT SYNTHESIS*
•       Supports all MP3 data rates and sample rates, including VBR

I understand these statements as advertising of high quality mp3
playback capability.

So,

-       When you need to make selling point, high quality mp3 playback
capability *IS IMPORTANT* and emphasized in specification.

-       When you need to fix bugs, high quality mp3 playback capability *IS
NOT SO IMPORTANT* and bugs have low priority.

In my opinion, because of bug, slimdevices mp3 playback quality is
bellow average, because *accuracy of decoder(because of bug) is about
10-12 correct bits* (my estimation - needs testing but I believe it is
true).

Statements in specification gave *false impression of high quality mp3
playback capability*, when implementation quality, because of bug, is
*bellow average*.

To make conclusion,

*IF SLIMDEVICES IS FAIR AND HONEST COMPANY*, they will *remove false
claims*  of high quality mp3 playback from specification and other
advertising material * until this bug is fixed *( it is now open more
then six months).

Please feel free to comment flaws in my logic here.

Peace,   Nenad

--
sikahr