Hi,

since last weekend I'm the proud owner of a Squeezebox Duet.
I also bought a RME ADI-2 mastering quality DAC to improve audio
quality.
The funny thing is, to my ears there is no audible
difference/improvement when I compare its output to the Duets analog
jacks, neither with optical nor coax connection.

In the upper scenario I used the Squeezeboxes clock to slave the
external DAC. As far as I know, the ADI-2 can also be used as a master
clock for the Squeezebox. When I try to switch the DAC into the correct
mode (44.1khz) the sound is worsened by dropouts.

Could anyone help me in this, because I'm about to sell the DAC and use
the Squeezebox without it. Is this behaviour the same with every other
DAC or is it related to the ADI?

Thanks in advance,
Zardoz!

--