Zardoz;310088 Wrote:
> Thanks StigErik,
>
> that's weird. I'd never thought that the squeezebox would actually
> outperform a professional production level DAC 600€ worth! To be
> honest, I'll give it another test run this evening.
> -----
> For 2000€ the transporter is not an option for me right now. As far as
> I see it, there's no audible sound improvement by adding an external
> DAC. At least in the price range under 1000€. Do you feel the same?
>
> Hopefully this doesn't lead to flamewars, I'm just thinking about
> rerouting the money I spent on the ADI-2 to something else if it
> doesn't improve the sound.
>
> Cheers,
> Zardoz

I didnt think so either, but when I heard the Transporter I was very
very impressed with it. It crushed the ADI-2, and compares very well
with my 3000$ RME ADI-8 QS. It wont surprise me if the SB3 compares
well with the ADI-2.

I have two SB3, but I have never listened too closely to their analog
out to make any serious comment (one is used on the porch, and the
other one only with digital output). My 0,02$ would be to save up for a
Transporter. Then you'll have the best media player on the market, and
maybe the best DAC in its price range. I got mine for ~2000$, which is
~1500€. Not to bad.

--
StigErik