On the face of it I'd agree with you, but I'm guessing what he meant was
that if you make a high quality mp3 encoding from a well-produced,
uncompressed 24/96 master then the mp3 is probably going to sound
better than the average compressed crap CD out there today that has no
dynamics, and under those circumstances I'd be inclined to agree with
him.

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...

Integrating MusicIP with SqueezeCenter...'*here's how*'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Integrating_MusicIP_with_SqueezeCenter).