opaqueice;331749 Wrote:
> I've never tried burst mode, but I can't recall a single time where EAC
> stopped to re-read the disk and ended up with an accurate rip (and
> re-reading almost never happens on undamaged disks).
>
> So if turning off secure mode is turning off those re-reads, it's
> irrelevant.
>
> As for the value of this kind of anecdotal evidence, I agree.
> Unfortunately you haven't provided anything else.

Two thoughts spring to mind:

1) Maybe you've never tried to rip a "copy-protected" disc as EAC in
Secure mode will nearly always have to re-read some sectors - sometimes
over and over again...
2) One or two early very high-end CD players had error indicators
(LED's) and one had an error counter...this feature soon disappeared
and it wasn't because it was unnecessary. I think it was because those
lights kept coming on...don't think "perfect sound forever" and "error
lights" made a happy marriage.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables