If you want to go for NAS,

Netgear & Synology are the one, IMO, to check.

The advantage if you install Squeezecenter on a NAS, is that you don't
have to run a computer when listening to music (invesstment at start
but in the lon run less electricity bill compared to a PC).

The drawback is a NAS isn't very much powerfull but for my own needs it
is ok, so far I've got a little more than 10000 / 120000 songs (both
FLAC & Mp3) & I can still manage ok & I think I can go further.

Things to kept in mind are :

- a complete scan of your musical will last about 1 hour (with the
amount of files above),
- using the web interface with SC installed on the NAS is slow, that's
for sure (BUt you don't realy need it for listening to music)
- If you go for it, be sure to choose one powerfull enough (cpu 500 Mhz
or +, & 128 Mo Ram.
After you have to calculate how much Go you need for your musical
collection (present & future & maybe, highly recommended a backup
solution),

NAS usually can handle up to 4 internal HDs, with some more space
available on USB2 &/or esata connections.

Will end with a link for Synology Nas & SC installation instruction &
tutorial, thanx to fliflip work :
http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods/

--
stof77

HiFi : SqueezeBox3, SSODS 3.0beta12 / SC 7.0.1 - NAS Synology DS
127+.128, NAD C320BEE, Triangle AlteaESW.

HC : DVD Samsung, Denon AVR-1908 (couplé au NAD), ALteaESW + 2 vielles
biblios Jamo, VP Infocus SP5700.