darrenyeats;331983 Wrote:
> Aren't these are relatively rare? Please say yes.
>
> IME "normal" unscratched discs give perfect rips using cdparanoia so I
> think think EAC isn't doing much for those (other than giving you peace
> of mind of course).
> Darren

Relatively rare...yes - out of 2,500, I've got maybe 50 discs with some
form of obvious/intrusive CP on them. The worst one (from memory)  was
that wretched Let It Be...Naked disc.

I think all the rippers under discussion (DBP, EAC and CDP) can do an
accurate rip - as can pretty much any rom drive.  A rip with
uncorrected (as opposed to interpolated) errors usually sounds dreadful
- lots of pops and clicks. IME these are all discs that are damaged
somehow (scratches, bronzing etc).

Although, I imagine that spoon is going to to tell us that the raw data
submitted to accuraterip shows an awful lot of innacurate
rips...probably because they are done in burst mode with damaged discs
(or maybe faulty drives).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables