On my setup there's an obvious difference between lossless and lossy
music. These differences don't come so much from the -inevitable-
artifacts : they come from the absence of some signal information. The
difference is not the same depending on the codec used, but there's
always an easy-to-distinguish difference.
I don't mean that 320 MP3's sound is not good (or "good enough"
whatever this might be) but it is not as detailed as lossless formats.
So, in my case, there's no choice available.

--
Themis

SB3 - Denon 3808 - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus