Phil Leigh;333874 Wrote:
> I think it's just NR's (slightly odd) sense of humour. We all know that
> 320 Mp3 is "rubbish" - don't we :o)
>
> I'd never rip anything but FLAC personally.
If someone discovers mp3 can make things sound better through some kind
of psychoacoustic process then mp3 could be used for playback by
transcoding on the fly. But here's the point in storing flac. When
someone makes the NEXT big discovery you may need the original pcm data
and you won't have to re-rip all your CDs. Storage vs playback. Mind,
this thread won't stop me from playing (as well as storing) my music in
flac for now. :)
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system