EnochLight;339941 Wrote:
> Your own posts seems to be laced with the same amount of sarcasm, which
> is the only reason I dished it back at you.  I would agree that it has
> become tiresome.
>
> Would there be a challenge in telling the difference between a 320kbps
> encoded mp3 and FLAC on a Sony bookshelf system?  I would be a naive to
> say no.  I admit that it can be difficult to most ears, however; in my
> past experience - I can, in fact, tell the difference between FLAC and
> it's brethren in mp3.  Yes, Nonreality, my ears are *that* good.  ;-)
> Take some things into consideration - I'm speaking from experience on
> my own systems and my own experience with my personal library.  I have
> heard some of the tracks on my collection so many times (thousands)
> that it's easy for me to tell that disc encoded in mp3 versus FLAC.
>
> As for a blind test, I'd be game but I don't think it would be possible
> to set up an environment that would please you or anyone else here for
> testing.  I no longer own my Sony bookshelf system (which - because I
> actually had one at one time - is why my comments carried merit IMHO),
> and aside from a Boom I don't think I own anything that could be used
> fairly in a blind test.
>
> I suppose you'll just have to take my word on this one.
>
> As for me saying FLAC sounds better than mp3 or FLAC is great for
> archiving, yes I said both and will happily admit to such.  I think
> anyone and everyone here would agree.
>
> Also, please understand that none of my posts here meant to carry
> hostility towards you.  If you feel that way then I apologize.  But
> remember - my initial response was because I was under the impression
> that you were sarcastically making derogatory references to my original
> post.  Now that you have stated that those were directed towards your
> friend... you and I are all good.  Aren't we?  ;-)
I didn't feel any hostility from you, more of an elitist scorn that I
would defend mp3 sound quality or even think that the two belong
together. I also stand by my statements that telling him to get rid of
his mp3's for sound quality, on his sony shelf system, was bad advise.
You remind me,just a little, of the person who said that mp3's were
unbearable to him even in his car.  I do believe you when you say that
"you" can hear a difference,on "your" system with "your" music.  It's
probably pretty cool to hear what you can hear that most all of us
miss.  I bet it can also be a curse though.  Small flaws in the mixing
that everyone else misses become a sore point that you hear every time.
Plus the never ending search for equipment that matches your ears.  I'm
glad that I don't because knowing me, I'd spend way too much money. I
feel we are all good, we got our opinions out, we both survive to type
again. ;)

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality