At least you posted to pages where some of the samples are found by me
myself :)
I offered these short samples cause they were long enough to show
isolated problems with specific mp3 encoders.
And yes, as i remember we used short samples also to avoid fatiguing
when testing more versions against each other.

I am btw. one of the persons who preferes long time listening. Short
abx may tell you advantages on small pasages of music but listening a
while with the setting was superior on one section may get nerving when
listening a while.

Edit: Sorry Phil for going Off-Topic. Even me that writes seldom here
couldnĀ“t overread the loooong posts of these people on their mission.

--
Wombat

Transporter -> Avantgarde based monoblocks -> self-made speakers