results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=55246
Question: Direct to power amp?

- Yes
- No

Pneumonic;363491 Wrote:
> With my TP running direct into my SAR Labs amp I am able to internally
> set things up such that my display volume setting is never any lower
> than 80 and usually in the 90-100 range. With my Sonic Frontiers amp I
> can pretty much run it at 100.
>
> So, for me anyway, I'm not in need of much, if any, external
> attenuation.

I assume by set things up internally you mean change jumper settings?
If so then you aren't using external attenuation, but you are using
analog attenuation. Think of the jumpers as being the same as adding
one of three different (-10 -20 -30 dB IIRC) external analog
attenuators to a SB3 or Receiver before the power amp.

--
Skunk

http://www.last.fm/user/TheSkunk/