maxrob200;366685 Wrote:
> Hi Robin
> I don't think that I am imagining it. I did read somewhere that the
> quality of the switch does effect overall audio performance due to
> inadequate transfer speeds or similar delays.

This is incorrect.  A (working) switch and a (working)
direct-connection will sound identical, as the timing of the packet
traffic in TCP/IP is independent of the timing in the audio chain.  A
broken network connection would cause the SB's buffer to empty, and the
music would stop or stutter, not become subtly different.

maxrob200;366685 Wrote:

> I have listened to both combinations and there is definitely better
> audio playback when connected directly just to the NAS

It is possible that the switch is introducing some type of noise that
the SB is sensitive to, but that would be a broken switch.  It is more
likely that you are imagining the difference.

--
jeffmeh