It's not wireless, using cable.

I am only describing what I hear and yes it is subjective so blind
tests within a group could be an interesting exercise.

It is interesting to note that by posting an opinion that I have now
been relegated to the "imagining things" category. As mentioned
earlier, it was not so long ago that the general belief was that all
cables sounded the same or all that an amplifier had to do was
demonstrate " straight wire with gain", so why not differences in the
digital domain due to unforseen variables.

Anyway, I will continue to experiment with various bits in the system
and decide whether I am imagining things....maybe another glass of Red
may give me a different perspective

--
maxrob200