I agree there is plenty we don't understand which is why I leave some
room for doubt always. And in general, I agree with the scientific
method whilst noting that over time science evolves, with the odd
revolution now and then, indicating that scientists at any given time
don't have it all right!

However, I believe that what is heard can be influenced by mental
factors quite easily. Whilst such a straightforward explanation hasn't
been ruled out, a tricky discussion over other possible explanations is
premature.

BTW I wouldn't say you are "imagining" anything...any more than anyone
hearing anything "imagines" it. Hearing isn't a physical object, it's a
mental process. The question is the cause of what you're hearing, not
whether you're "hearing" it or not!
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system