swarduk;377602 Wrote:
> mainly for convenience rather than serious playing?For both, really...
After I started using my Sb2 I haven't used my cd transport anymore.
It's just way too convenient, and the sound quality is the same. And by
now my ears are bad enough that I can't hear the difference between the
SB2 into a decent DAC and a Wadia transport anyway. Good for me I guess
:-)
Of course I still buy CDs, but all I do with them is rip and store in
the closet. So they are sort of my backup. If stores like Linn Music
had more music I like I'd be buying there a lot more...
Having said that, I do think there's still a problem for this to become
mainstream. I recently got a Duet for my bedroom, but my wife still
prefers just turning on the radio to listen to PBS, even though it's in
the Favorites on the Duet. But it's still too techie I guess. And then
sometimes it doesn't quite work, or it takes a while to "connect to
Squeezenetwork", or things like that. It's still not as easy as turning
on that radio. I can deal with that, because I just think it's cool. But
most people can't... Yet...

--
jmourik