wayne325;418425 Wrote:

> Fourth, for those who have a T3 alrady and are playing 96/24 files, is
> there
> a significant difference between those and CD ripped files?  (I would
> think
> so).  Along hese lines I downloaded the sampler 96/24 files from
> HDtracks
> and played thru my Duet. I thought it was quite dynamic compared to CD.
> Note
> that the Duet cannot play 96 kHz, I read that the PC SW downconverts
> the
> 96 kHz sample rate to 48 kHz, and sends that to the Duet.
>
> Cheers, and thanks....

Hmmm.  I did a lousy job of writing this.  What I meant was - if one
compares:

1) CD ripped to file and play over transporter to "good" external DAC
2) that same source material that was mastered at 96/24 and played
back
over Transporter on the same DAC (obviously DAC is 44.1 / 96 capable)

(eg (1) CD of Rebecca Pidgeon's "The Raven" ripped vs (2) the same
album
as 96/24 flac downloaded from HDtunes and both played thru Transporter
->
external DAC)

Are people finding the 96/24 version significantly better sonically?

Doesn't #2 sound a bunch better?

--
wayne325