Phil Leigh;419513 Wrote:
> ah. hmmm...
> But don't dacs auto-detect the clock frequency from the recovered spdif
> clock?

In the normal source->DAC clock via s/pdif scheme yes, but here we are
talking exclusively about a word clock scenario.

>  Is this about supporting a mixture of sample rate files?

Generally it's to not make you have to flip switches, but yes mixed
sample rates within a playlist would require this. In that case it's
still not ideal though, because the DAC is going to have to change the
clock after the track has already begun (because it needs to get some
data first). Depending on how fast it can change clocks this might not
be a huge problem.

--
seanadams