wayne325;419705 Wrote:
> The DAC chips are all connected at their current
> outputs, so the output current is 4x a single DAC chip and the I/V
> converter
> then has to take this into account - simple enough.  Now the trick is
> that since there are 4 DAC chips in parallel, you don't fire off
> samples
> to all 4 of them at the same time, you fire off a sample to DAC0 at
> phase 0,
> then you fire off a sample to DAC1 at 90 degrees, etc.

Ok, I understand now....
What they're doing is building a 4x oversampling unit, with a linear
transfer function, in hardware, rather than in software.  Seems like a
slightly expensive way to implement it, although it would allow you to
use slower DAC chips than doing the oversampling in the digital domain.
You also get an improvement in the SNR, due to the DAC parallelization.

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight