seanadams;419570 Wrote:
> In the normal source->DAC clock via s/pdif scheme yes, but here we are
> talking exclusively about a word clock scenario.
>

> Generally it's to not make you have to flip switches, but yes mixed
> sample rates within a playlist would require this. In that case it's
> still not ideal though, because the DAC is going to have to change the
> clock after the track has already begun (because it needs to get some
> data first). Depending on how fast it can change clocks this might not
> be a huge problem.

Sean - now I get it.
But, if the DAC is going to send its clock back to the transport at the
correct rate (and playback of mixed rate sources is required), it's
going to have to either read the status bit from the stream or recover
the clock from the stream and then change its clock rate pretty quickly
in either case?

I wonder why the status bits were not used from day one?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom