There's a white paper describing the circuit in a bit more detail as
well:

http://www.wadia.com/technology/technicalpapers/

As I guessed, part of the reason they're doing it this way, is to give
the DAC's more settling time.  They're also claiming to get the full SNR
benefit of a correlated signal, which I'm not sure I agree with.  I'll
have to think about that some more...

FWIW, for your DAC design, adding DAC chips in parallel, and feeding
them the same data, does result in an improvement in SNR, without the
fancy delayed data.  I recall at least one DAC design that used 32 chips
in parallel!

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight