Pale Blue Ego;437050 Wrote:
> And it has nothing to do with the built-in conflict of interest.  IMO it
> is the emergence of everyman journalism that really rankles the
> "professionals" - especially when the everyman knows his stuff and the
> professional does not.
>
> ...  The millions of computer-savvy readers know immediately when the
> reviewer is full of it.

I better be careful what I say here because my brother is deputy Editor
of The Guardian... but that is "proper journalism".

Great post PBE.

I think the cat is partially out of the bag - except for vinyl replay
of pre-1980 albums, virtually all audio is fundamentally
"computer-based" these days (CD, Satellite/TV, Radio (DAB/Internet),
DVD/SACD etc, pretty much every recording/mastering studio in the
world).

Using a "computer" as an async transport+ bit accurate rips is
completely benign from an audio perspective. The journalistic focus
should shift away from transport sound quality to functionality/ease of
use etc.

Rather like it was in the early 70's really...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom