Lots of good back-to-reality articles here.
http://www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

With my Duet getting me back listening to lots of music again I very
nearly found myself spending a lot to upgrade my mid-fi setup.  I then
read this article about the effect of the room.  A bit of experiment
demonstrated that this is indeed the overwhelming factor in my living
room (it turns out there is a very distinct bass null just where I would
normally sit!).  It saved me wasting a bucket load of cash in a futile
effort to compensate for the problems of the listening room.
http://www.realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

Of the many audiophoolery articles I particularly liked this one.
http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampins/pseudo/subjectv.htm

--
KMorgan