cliveb;442973 Wrote:
> Wow - that's some seriously trashed vinyl!
>
> If the state of an LP is that bad, I respectfully suggest that whether
> you record it at 24 or 16 bits (or even 12 bits for that matter) is kind
> of irrelevant.

Not really i can't find any measurments now, but a click is very fast
and goes on for a very short time, so it can have a high peak value
without sounding that bad.

Energy was a bad choice of word, peak value then.

As for rumble, they modified the RIAA curve for a reason(s)  nowadays
the curve always has a rumble filter of a sort, remember those days
watching the speaker cone moving in and out in visible during lp
playback ? this was usually with bass reflex speakers.

--
Mnyb