If one has a good vinyl setup, the overhead of 24/96 AD conversion is
minimal compared to the cost of the TT system and you might as well go
the high rez route.
One of the reasons I bought a TP was for the same reasons as
Cliveb...cept he has the 100's and  I have the ATC SCM50a's. I bought my
speakers unauditioned cos they were a bargain , I paid just under 1000
quid for em.
My take on the whole DBT issue is that regardless of whether there is a
difference between stuff , if the listener beleives there is , it's a
truism for THEM.

--
Rodney_Gold

Sb3/Z-sys RDP1/meridian DSP5500's
TP/X-cans v3/Senns 650's
TP/TACT 2.0/SCM 50a's
TP/Meridian DSP5000's
"The nicest thing about smacking your head against the wall is...the
feeling you get when you stop"