earwaxer;446765 Wrote:
> I tend to think that the programmers put a "defeat" button in because it
> offered something more than what you would get at %100. Being a
> programmer myself - I would not code something that did nothing! The
> only other logical use for the defeat selection is to "idiot proof" the
> volume control, so that it is not accidentally decreased. That doesn't
> sound very flattering for a device aimed at the "audiophile"!

That something more IS the idiot proofing ;) I got three players one is
digitally hooked up to a HT processors.
You have the ability to sync volume between players in a sync group, so
i don't want this to happen to all players.
I also have universal remote (kind of) delivered with said HT
processor, it can run the SB3 via ir , but i don't want the volume
control on that remote to adjust the SB3's volume only the HT
processor.
There are numerous way to accidentally lower the volume family members
hadnling the web-UI.

I want bit perfect transfer to my HT processor (it handles volume in my
system) so this idiot proofing keeps me from constantly checking if the
volume is 100% . I also have some tunes as dts encoded flac/wav if these
tunes show up in a playlist you are in to a nasty surprise when player
volume is not 100%

--
Mnyb