Newbuyer,

I have a Revel B15 sub and Martin Logan ESL hybrids. I use a Krell
processor and Krell amplification for the MLs, the Revel has its own
internal amp driven from the Krell processor.

I use this set up both for critical listening (2 channel plus sub) and
as the core of a home cinema setup (5.1).  The Krell processor has basic
control over crossoverpoint and slope for the sub, the Revel has a multi
band analogue filter that has adjustable frequency and slope.  The Revel
is supplied with analysis software that given a basic SPL meter will
allow the filter to be setup. In addition I have an audio spectrum
analyser and reference measurement mike to allow me to 'voice' the whole
system.

To be honest, I dont think I have ever got the system set up right. My
room has a killer resonance at about 120Hz, and when I dial that out,
all sorts of phase nasties seem to appear. If I had time to fiddle about
with it, I would probably go back to 'no sub' for critical listening.

One observation is that crossovers generally seem to be the work of the
devil.  The MLs are fantastic in the midrange, particulary for vocals as
they have solved the crossover problem - they don't have one - the ESL
panels both squwark and tweet. Other conventional speakers I have use
crossovers in the middle of the vocal range and never seem to sound as
good for vocals (IMHO).

--
Andy8421