I tried a Transporter but returned it and now use a SB3 (Classic) with a
Lavry DA-10 DAC.

I thought the Transporter was excellent, but it just wasn't worth an
extra $1,000 (I already had the SB3 so only needed to purchase the DAC
or the Transporter.) I might have made a different choice if the used or
discount Transporter market had been more active 2 1/2 years ago when I
compared the two options.

Frankly, the audible differences between the Transporter and the SB/DAC
combo fall in the very subtle range. Without them side-by-side, I doubt
I could tell a difference in daily use.

Another factor for some people is size. The Transporter is not a small
unit. The Duet and SB Classic are very small footprint items. (I
currently have my DAC out of sight.) Depending on how you "display" your
equipment, that could be a plus/minus in either direction.

--
mlsstl