Themis;456939 Wrote:
> I don't know about this particular dac, sorry.
>
> Nevertheless, I doubt you could expect any improvements other than
> subtle, since (as many believe) the PCM1704 chip (that the Ref1 uses) is
> supposed to be one of the top-sounding chips, when it is properly
> implemented.
>
> Dac tastes vary when it comes to compare dacs of the same price tag.
> Best is to try an A/B test between your dac and the Transporter for
> yourself.
>
> Unless you're not satisfied with the sound of your dac ?

I really love my DAC, my question was more toward any benefits from
upgrading from the Duet to Transporter as a purely transport upgrade.
Would there be any benefits using the Transporter to feed my DAC vs the
Duet besides gaining 24/96? Ultimately I'm looking at getting the Touch
when available for this plus having the capability to run it off an
external HD. Just looking for experience with people using the
Transporter feeding an external DAC.

thx

--
silverr1