iPhone wrote:
> zzvelik;496380 Wrote:
>> The positive beta reviews coupled with last Friday's delay announcement
>> makes me wonder if the Touch is being crippled in some way so it doesn't
>> take any market share away from the Transporter.
>
> Why would the Touch take any market share from the Transporter? The
> Touch is an upgraded replacement for the SB3 (Classic). Yes it does
> 24/96 native, but it is no Transporter or TP replacement. The Touch is
> not being "Crippled" in any way.

While I agree with @iPhone that the Touch is not crippled in any way, I
do see a way for the Touch to be a replacement for the Transporter. The
Touch is better from an audiophile standpoint than the Classic, way
better. So you can argue that the Touch could take 80% or more of the TP
market. Since the TP market is tiny, its not much of a stretch to have
it take it all. Plus, the TP is old. While its still an impressive
piece, I'm not sure that the TP has much more life.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/