zzvelik;496380 Wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.  My setup uses the Primare SPA21 as my
> main amp/processor as well as the DAC.  It has a pair of Burr-Brown
> DACs, PCM1738 to be exact.  I connect the SB3 via the digital audio
> coaxial cable and it sounds very good to me.
>
> The positive beta reviews coupled with last Friday's delay announcement
> makes me wonder if the Touch is being crippled in some way so it doesn't
> take any market share away from the Transporter.  I hope that's not the
> case as Logitech would do more volume sales on the Touch to
> pseudo-audiophiles like myself that aren't willing to shell out the
> dough for the transporter.  Just some thoughts running through my mind
> while I contemplate about pre-ordering the Touch.

Why would the Touch take any market share from the Transporter? The
Touch is an upgraded replacement for the SB3 (Classic). Yes it does
24/96 native, but it is no Transporter or TP replacement. The Touch is
not being "Crippled" in any way. The TP is a niche product and the Touch
is a Classic replacement.

Will the Touch make a good digital transport? It will, but it still
isn't a Transporter. Transporter has better power supplies and better
DAC support circuitry. Plus all the high end output options.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom