Hello all,

I don't mean to hijack the thread or lay off course, but this is the
only appropriate thread I could find to post my question.

I had read a post which is almost 2 years old at the AVS forum and it
doesn't look like we'll ever have 24/96 on the SB3 due to the CPU
according to Michael Valera (See below).  So is the CPU still regarded
as the bottleneck and should I forgo the possibility of 24/96 supported
on the SB3?

I don't mind upgrading to the Touch due to the newer features, but my
SB3 is modded by Bolder Cable and was hoping to keep it due to the
overall sound quality vs upgrading to another unit.

<<The Transporter also has the ability to play 24/96 files (and 24/88
in beta firmware) while the Squeezeboxes tops out at 24/48 (because
we're maxing out the SB's CPU) even with an outboard DAC.

Mike
Michael Valera
Online Communities Manager
slimdevices.com>>