JohnSwenson;482962 Wrote:
> Before that firmware change I would say that the analog outs are better
> than the SB3 but not by a huge amount. The digital out is a lot better
> than the SB3 digital out.
>
> With the recent firmware I hear much better sound out of the analog
> outs. The result is that the analog outs are now almost as good as the
> output from a very good DAC running from the digtal out. Not quite as
> good, but very close.
>
> So I would say that currently the analog outs are now quite a bit
> better than the SB3 analog outs.
>
> And you can do the higher res stuff as well.
>
> John S.

Hi John,

Thanks for an informative insight about the upcoming Touch both here &
at the AA. I'd like to know if your SB3 was modded in any way.  I have a
SB3 that has the digital output modified by The Bolder Cable Co. along
with a modified Elpac power supply and was wondering how it would fare
overall without taking into account the 24 bit /96 khz audio files.

Thanks in advance,

zzvelik