pfarrell;497216 Wrote:
> It doesn't even have to be full range. Its trivial to blow out tweeters
> with test tones, since most of us can't hear all that well up in tweeter
> territory.
I remember about 17 years ago I was checking how high I could hear
using a test CD and was pleasantly surprised to find that (in my mid
30s) I could hear the 18kHz tone. So I tried 20kHz but heard nothing.

Then I took my brain out of gear: "perhaps if I turn it up a bit?..."
What I did hear was the distinctive "pop, pop" as both tweeters in one
of my Linn Isobariks died. (Is this what Linn mean when they talk about
"PRAT"?)

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A