Valentino;510033 Wrote:
> Thanks for replying, seanadams.
> The basis is that I would like to syncronize the receiving end of the
> effect loop to word clock in instead of the clock embedded in the spdif
> signal as I do believe that it will reduce jitter in the system.

It will not. Word clocks should never be used to drive a DAC. It should
only go in the _opposite_ direction as the data signal.

> The loop is as follows:
> Transporter -> Behringer SRC2496 (converts all to 44.1) -> RME Fireface
> UC + PC with crossover running at 44.1 -> Transporter (-> Tweeter amp.)
>
> To clarify: My little digital round trip works fine if the Transporter
> uses SPDIF input as clock source,

I assume the reason for the SRC is that you may be playing 96KHz
tracks? If everything were the same rate and there is no asynchronous
conversion taking place, then you could run the effects loop in
"synchrnonous clock mode". This is the absolutely ideal scenario where
the clock path never leaves the Transporter - your effects loop is only
a data path.

> but Wordclock in seems to OUTPUT something when I select it as clock
> source.

Data sources take word clock in.
DACS produce work clock out.

--