Hi,

I'm not completely clear on whether you have reached a common
conclusion, but I thought I'd offer some comments.

Valentino: How do you know that 'Wordclock IN' actually outputs
something, rather than e.g. simply doing nothing? Maybe you wrote it,
but I couldn't find an exact reason.

I think that clocking from the Transporter in asynchronous mode would
not work simply because it would be impossible to match this clock to
the rate with which the RME reads. By rate I mean average data
flowthrough. So what would happen is that either at some point the
Transporter would attempt reading a bit which is not available, or it
will be too late and even possibly read the wrong (next) bit.

As far as the overall purpose of digital filtering goes. Could it be
possible to do the filtering serverside using Squeezecenter. Sort of a
variation of a transcoding pipeline or Inguz. This way you could solve
the jitter problem by letting the Transporter drive the RME, provided
the latter has a clock input. Otherwise the Transporter would have to
derive from S/PDIF, but as I read it this would still be better than
what you currently have?

--
bhaagensen