I do not _know_ that the Transporter word clock in outputs something.
seanadams says it does not (That also means it cannot I presume).

I might have been fooled into some audiophile "truth" that wordclock in
is better than no word clock in, also for a DAC. The Meitner and dCS
DACs have wordclock in, right? And they are expensive and good, right?
But they are not data sources and DACs at the same time.

Wordclock and the Transporter DAC input by the clock signal embedded in
the spdif signal. And it works. Case closed.

--
Valentino