nonnoroger;510175 Wrote:
> I have a Mac Mini running SBS and a library that includes an increasing
> number of 24 bit 96KHz files (AIFF), mainly from digitizing vinyl but
> also from Naim downloads.
>
> Squeezebox radio in the kitchen for non HiFi but impressive listening.
>
> Huge frustrations with all software SB players I have tried to run on
> the MacMini - currently through a HiFace USB to S/Pdif into a Naim
> Uniti. No switching of digital interface rate - hi-def files are being
> downsampled.
>
> Will be purchasing a SB Touch (I am on the Logitech notify list) to
> feed the Uniti through digital output. (The Uniti does play from a UPnP
> server, but I much prefer the SB functionality).
>
> My main system though is a venerable Naim 82/180 with Flatcap 2. I had
> been planning to wait to try the Touch to see if I should buy a second
> one for this system, but given the delay I have been looking again at
> the TP option.
>
> As TP is no longer being manufactured, but currently still available, I
> would welcome comments and views on the comparison with the Touch for
> audiophile use.

Personally - as you are planning on buying a Touch and using S/pdif to
your Naim Uniti anyway - I would also try its analogue outputs into the
82/110. I think you may be impressed.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio