JezA;510264 Wrote:
> It doesn't make sense to me to buy a NAIM DAC and a Touch. The music you
> want to listen to is on a hard drive - no way should you have to convert
> that to s/pdif to get it into a DAC when it could/should be streamed
> direcetly. Linn do it right with the DS, Logitech do it right with the
> Transporter etc; if you want a Naim solution wait until they develop
> their own streamer. Plus, don't Naim suggest you'll need a power supply
> for their (£2k) DAC? Plus a £300 mains lead for each? Plus their own
> expensive s/pdif leads. What kind of engineering is that!?!?!
It is not at all clear that Naim will develop a pure streamer - the
Uniti and UnitiQute seem to be the closest. Even if they do, it will not
work with SBS. This is an SB forum after all.

I would have been happy to have a TP if it was still current - perhaps
we should say Logitech did it right with the TP rather than do it
right?

But what do you mean by stream "directly"? I would like to stream in
the most direct way - in the Mac running SBS, but there is no SB
software player currently that is up to the job. And before we start
another cycle of responses, I do understand why.

If the analog output from the Touch proves good enough I will not need
a separate DAC.

Which DS would you equate with Naim when you are comparing prices?

--
nonnoroger