Yes and no. I don't know what the specs of the ReadyNAS Duo are, but
they are probably not as good as the VortexBox appliance, which has a
1.6GHz Atom CPU and 1GB of RAM. About a year ago I switched from a
LinkStation NAS to an MSI Wind desktop that is essentially the same
hardware as the VB appliance. The concept is the same: a small,
"headless" (no monitor, mouse, or keyboard) box in my basement running
SBS and serving files. But the performance difference is immense, and
the system is easier to maintain (I use Ubuntu Linux, but any OS will
do, including the VortexBox version of Fedora Linux).

--
aubuti