richardw;511767 Wrote:
> the last thing i have to try is getting another old machine running with
> windows and using it headless for only running sbs, controlled with my
> laptop, duet controller or droid. i am unclear on how to do it but can
> figure it out. i am also unclear if a big hd can be installed or if i
> must use an external usb hd. a project for another day (or 2).
As long as the old pc can take the big hard drive it won't be a problem
for SBS if it's internal. In fact it's usually fewer problems if it's
internal. But depending on the age of the computer, BIOS limitations may
limit the size of the drive you can install.

As for running a Windows box headless, you could look into VNC. There
are free VNC server and client software that I believe work on Windows.
Overall a headless arrangement is much easier with Linux, so you may
want to consider that route, even though it will require converting
those WMA Lossless albums to FLAC.

--
aubuti