Gazjam;543288 Wrote:
> Did I say that?
> Uhm..no, Im not being that technical or that specific. :)
>
> What Im saying is that there is a good jump in sound quality to my ears
> in my system (and lots of other User opinions seem to agree)using the
> Touch than there was with the SB3.
> My Dac/system is transparent enough to show up differences in digital
> transports...and its not that the SB3 is crap all of a sudden - its
> very much not...its just that to me the Touch is a lot better.
>
> Dont even think about it - buy a Touch. :)

Have to admit i was making assumtions, but IMHO, the major source of
audible differences originating from digtal domain is our old enemy
jitter.

Also youre indicating that there is a difference between SB2 and SB3.
Isn't the SB3 just SB2 in new housing?

Anyway: your thoughts an experiences are valued. Thanks

PS! Have connected the Beresford Caiman to my old friend the SB2, and
there is a quite noticable difference in sound: Midrange opens up, more
"air" in the top and overall a more dynamic presentation. The slight
tendency towards digital harshness from the SB2 is also gone.

Other components: Electrocompaniet ECI-3, Monitor Audio Silver 7

--
stone